Welcome to the Marketing for Higher Education Special Interest Group Official Website! Marketing for Higher Education is an international group of marketing academics affiliated with the American Marketing Association (AMA). Our principal mission is to encourage, support, develop, and disseminate knowledge for higher education marketing through research and to promote the academic discipline of marketing for higher education to benefit all stakeholders.
On this website you can read about our upcoming events, conferences, and special sessions, access our current and past newsletters, learn more about the benefits of joining our SIG, and receive information regarding the best practices and trends in marketing of higher education.
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your suggestions to improve our efforts. If you are not a current SIG member, we look forward to welcoming you to our group and inviting you to our events. Please consider joining our SIG!
Atefeh Yazdanparast, Ph.D.
Marketing for Higher Education SIG Chair
Associate Professor of Marketing
School of Management
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
for a Special Doctoral Student Research Session at 2022 Winter AMA
Focusing on The Future Trends in Consumer Behavior
The Marketing for Higher Education SIG would like to call for submissions for a special doctoral student research session focusing on “The Future Trends in Consumer Behavior” at the 2022 Winter AMA conference (February 18-20 in Las Vegas, NV, in-person and virtual). The deadline for submission to the HigherEd SIG special research session is October 04, 2021. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously and the authors will be notified whether their paper will be included in the special session by mid-November.
The overall theme and specific topics of the special session are in line with an upcoming CFP for a special issue by Journal of Consumer Behaviour, an A-level journal according to ABDC journal rankings.
Papers accepted for the special research session must be presented during the 2022 Winter AMA conference and will be published as extended abstracts in the conference proceedings. Dr. Jacqueline Eastman, Journal of Consumer Behaviour co-editor, and special issue co-editors (Dr. Atefeh Yazdanparast and Dr. Prachi Gala) will attend the doctoral student special research session and provide feedback to presenting authors. Moreover, the top papers will be invited for consideration in the the special issue of Journal of Consumer Behaviour.
Your research can use any methodology and be on any topic related to The Future Trends in Consumer Behavior, including but not limited to the following:
• Artificial Intelligence and consumer marketing
• Use of augmented reality, virtual reality, and voice assistants in shaping consumer experiences
• Future of non-tech savvy consumers
• Big data and increased privacy concerns in consumer marketing
• Consumer well-being in the digital area
• Generation Z and consumer behavior
• Sustainability and consumer marketing
• Diversity trends in consumer behavior
• Challenges in the future of consumer behavior
• Post pandemic consumer behavior trends
• Luxury consumption
Submissions focusing on scale development of consumer behavior constructs, systematic reviews of consumer behavior theories, proposing new theories, or extending previous theories from other fields into the consumer behavior realm are highly encouraged.
Eligible submissions must meet the following criteria:
• First author should be a current doctoral student or a PhD graduate during/after Spring 2020.
• The submissions need to clearly specify how their research contributes to consumer behavior theory and practice.
• One of the coauthors must attend and present the paper at the 2022 Winter AMA Conference.
Guideline for submissions:
The format for submissions is identical to the 2022 Winter conference for competitive papers. Specifically:
• Prepare and submit electronic documents in Microsoft Word (with Times New Roman or Calibri, 12 pt. font, 1-inch margins) with the text of up to 4,100 words (approximately six pages) for review; references do not count against the word limit. Authors also have the option of including one table summarizing results and/or one figure (these also do not count against the word limit). [Please note that submissions with text longer than 4,100 words will not be reviewed].
• Submissions must have a title page listing the names/affiliations/complete contact information (such as an address, e-mail address, and phone) of each author, as well as a statement of eligibility (i.e., indicating that the submission meets the requirements listed in this call for submissions).
CALL FOR 2022 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Marketing for Higher Education Special Interest Group (Higher Ed SIG) welcomes applications for the Lifetime Achievement Award. This award honors a marketing scholar who has demonstrated distinct accomplishments and dedication to the area of higher education in the marketing discipline. For more details, please click here!
2021 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Congratulations, Drs. Victoria Crittenden and Deborah Spake, recipients of the 2021 HigherEd SIG Lifetime Achievement Award!
The Marketing for Higher Ed SIG is pleased to announce that Dr. Victoria Crittenden and Dr. Deborah Spake have been selected as the 2021 Lifetime Achievement Award recipients.
Victoria L. Crittenden is Professor of Marketing and Peter M. Black Endowed Faculty Scholar at Babson College (USA). Vicky is editor of Go-to-Market Strategies for Women Entrepreneurs: Creating and Exploring Success published by Emerald Group Publishing in 2019 and a co-author of Direct Selling: A Global and Social Business Model forthcoming at Business Expert Press. Additionally, she serves as editor of the Journal of Marketing Education. Her research interests are vast but focus currently on entrepreneurship, digitalization, and direct selling, and she has published in journals such as the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Journal of Business Research, Psychology & Marketing, Marketing Letters, Sloan Management Review, Business Horizons, and Journal of Marketing Education. Amongst many awards and honors, more recently Vicky received the AMS CUTCO/Vector Distinguished Marketing Educator Award in 2021 and the Circle of Honor award from the Direct Selling Education Foundation in 2019.
Deborah F. Spake is Dean of the College of Business Administration and Professor of Marketing at Kent State University. Deborah serves on the Initial Accreditation Committee (IAC) for AACSB, co-created the Seminar for New Associate Deans offered by AACSB, and regularly chairs or serves on AACSB peer review teams. Deborah has previously served as President of the MidAmerican Business Deans Association and past-Executive Director of the Society for Marketing Advances. She completed the Institute for Educational Management (IEM) certificate program at Harvard and has contributed to higher education research on topics related to university branding, student satisfaction, and service-learning
The HigherEd SIG is pleased to offer this award to Dr. Crittenden and Dr. Spake, who have made significant contributions to the literature and have been supporters of the Higher Ed SIG. They will be presented with the award at the AMA Summer Educators’ Conference in August.
Sign-up to receive all the latest information about Marketing for Higher Education SIG events and announcements!
Subscribe to our newsletter!